Tuesday, October 16, 2012

NEW YORK!!!

Hello again!
I just want to start this out by saying a BIG THANK YOU to my mother-in-law, Robin.  She planned (and paid for- except spending money) a nice little girl's trip to New York this past weekend. It was me, Robin, Jason's aunt Angie, and 2 of Robin's friends.  It was quick but such a nice break and little getaway.
Also, a big thank you to my parents for coming from Arkansas and watching my kids for the long weekend. The kids always enjoy spending time with them. And also a huge thank you to my wonderful husband for working so hard to allow little things like this!

Of course being in New York, we walked and walked and walked some more! LOL   We were so tired, there was no staying out and partying, but that was fine with me. I had so much fun and getting in early and relaxing was just an extra little bonus.

The first day we were there, my phone went dead before I could get to the hotel and get it charged up so I didnt get any pictures of the sights on Friday... which was the 9/11 Memorial!!!!  I hate I didnt get any pictures, but honestly the pictures just would not have done it any justice. It was so beautiful. It really was moving and very touching to be standing in that very spot where such a tragedy took place and all the lives that were lost. If you haven't seen pictures of it, please google it and take a look, although like i said, pictures do not do it any justice.

The other 2 days I did get some pics. We went shopping in China Town, had lunch in Little Italy, spent alot of time in Times Square, and did alot of toy shopping for the kids.
We had great dinners both nights. We ate at Guy Fieri's restaurant on Friday night... Absolutely The. Best. Food. I think I have ever had.  The waitress wasnt the greatest but the atmosphere and food was wonderful!
Saturday night we ate at Sardi's.. probably the best steak I have ever had!  So, lots of good eating! Here are a few quick pictures...

Here is a picture of Times Square

And another of Times Square


Here I am at the entrance of our hotel. 

This is Robin and Angie 

Entrance sign at Rockefeller Center

Rockefeller Plaza 

Ice Skating Rink at Rockefeller Center.. Thought about ice skating, but my legs 
were already hurting so bad from walking so much, that would have been a sight to see for sure! lol 


Next is the Lego store...walls and walls with bins of Legos in every shape, size and color!  There were so many little boys in this store..lol 

The next few pictures are all things that were built completely from legos.. people are so creative! 




Next it was off to FAO Schwarz, the famous toy store from the movie BIG. That movie is so old and they still have that famous keyboard on the floor, and the Zoltar!  :)  That was one of my favorite movies for a long time when i was younger.





I wasn't overly impressed with FAO Schwarz though,.. Toys R Us was much better with the Ferris wheel inside the store that you could actually ride and it was as tall as all 3 floors of the store! Wish I had gotten a pic of it! But Toys R Us had alot of toys also that you could only get at the New York store.. (and London). So I got  a couple of things for the boys for Christmas.  :)


Moving on, while walking down the street, I saw this car and had to take a picture of it for my hubby. He loves this car and will have one soon!!



So that was my weekend trip. It was a blast! Now to recoup..... LOL !  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment